Philadelphia Eagles defensive stalwart Brandon Graham forced a New England Patriots fumble by Tom Brady resulting in a Philadelphia Super Bowl LII comeback victory. The Eagles’ offensive coaching staff of Doug Pederson, coordinator Frank Reich and quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo did nearly everything right in 2017-18. Consequently the 2017-18 campaign was a championship season. Can the Eagles staff rinse and repeat in 2018-19? Odds to Win 2019 Super Bowl: NFL News and Notes.
Pats’ 40-plus year old signal caller Brady and tight end Rob Gronkowski have been reported as passing on the franchises organized team actives (OTA’s). Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported that Brady and Gronkowski do not plan on participating in team sessions this week. This after attending the mandatory minicamp last week.
Gronk is awaiting a new contract and Brady skipped voluntary work earlier this offseason before showing up for the mandatory meetings. Mike Dlorio of ProFootballTalk.com reported on the website that no current talks on a new deal are imminent. However previous negotiations all but secure an extension and raise for the All Pro tight end.
ESPN.com reported today that Odell Beckham was at the team facilities on Monday. Beckham reported to the team facility for his OTA physical. The team wants to be assured that Beckham is fully recovered from an ankle injury that forced the wide out to miss substantial playing time in 2017. In addition, Beckham is entering the final year of his rookie contract. And before a new deal is outlined the organization wants visual evidence that he is in good health.
In other league player personnel news and notes:
- NFL Network contributor Ian Rapoport reported today that DE Khalil Mack will skip minicamp. The former defensive player of the year is not expected to participate in the mandatory minicamp this week. Mack is in the middle of a contract dispute.
- In addition Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com stated that quarterbacks Jeff Driskel and Matt Barkley are expected to compete for the backup job. Competition is underway and will continue during training camp.
- And the Times of Los Angeles reports that Chargers RB Melvin Gordon could receive a bigger role in the passing game this upcoming season. The paper quoted offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt.
- Also the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that Falcons RB Devonta Freeman has been working with running backs coach Bernie Parmalee. The extra reps are to assist the tailback to ‘get skinny’ when he finishes runs. The purpose of the drill and technique is to avoid unnecessary hits. Thus increasing his chances of staying healthy throughout the season.
- The Dallas Morning News published a report that free-agent WR Dez Bryant (Cowboys) is being courted by the Tennessee Titans and the report quoted tight end Delanie Walker. ‘It’s another element if they was to bring him to the team,’ Walker told the Nashville press. ‘If he can help us out, gladly I would welcome him with open arms.’
- Denver Broncos LB Shane Ray (wrist) will undergo surgery on his left wrist Thursday according to the Rocky Mountain Press. Ray underwent three surgeries on his wrist last year. Hence the 2018 first-round pick of All American defensive end Bradley Chubb.
- ESPN.com Rob Demovsky reports that hybrid Ty Montgomery will see his role increase in the Aaron Rodgers offense. Head coach Mike McCarthy said the offense is suited for Montgomery’s skill set and the former wide receiver will have an increased work load in 2018.
New England (3-to-1) are the favorites to win the AFC Championship with Philadelphia (5-to-1) and Minnesota (5-to-1) tied for the top spot in the NFC chart. The Patriots (6-to-1) are the top choice to raise the Lombardi Trophy in February with Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Minnesota checking in as second choice, all at 10-to-1.
The World’s Largest Race and Sportsbook, Westgate of Las Vegas, updated Odds to Win Super Bowl LIII:
Looking for more betting tips and handicapping theory?
???? Never miss an episode by the WagerTalk team by subscribing on:
Have an Amazon Alexa and want to listen to the latest WagerTalk TV videos from tonight? Ask Alexa ! Say “Alexa, enable Speaker” and to start listening simply say “WagerTalk” when asked what you want to listen to!
Or you can say: “Alexa, ask AnyPod to play WagerTalk Podcast.” To subscribe to WagerTalk Podcast say: “Alexa, ask AnyPod to subscribe to WagerTalk Podcast.”
Have a Google Home and want to listen to the latest WagerTalk Podcast when it comes out this week? Say “Hey Google, play the WagerTalk Podcast!”
Latest Betting Odds and Public Action
Some of the top Vegas and offshore sportsbooks odds are updated in real time and we also provide who the public is on.
Last Minute Handicapping Advice
Check out our extensive library of handicapping tips and advice from professional Vegas handicappers (we also recommend taking the time to look over our handicapping video library)
Want an expert opinion?
Check out the daily offering of Best Bets from the WagerTalk Handicapping Team (we also suggest checking out the Pick Your Team Program). Also, remember, you can save up to 60% on daily packages with WagerBuxx Plans
WagerTalk Text Club is FREE and includes FREE PICKS and Exclusive Discounts. Just text WAGERTALK to 33222 and get a $10.00 coupon just for signing up!
And make sure to bookmark all the above!
Odds to Win 2019 Super Bowl: NFL News and Notes